Jaipur, the city of Royals, offers you every possible royal experience, be it how to live like a royal, eat like a royal, or be it how to look like a royal. Along with being the most significant home of handcrafted chunks in India, Jaipur houses the largest gem industry in the country. Jaipur tourism is revered worldwide for its unparalleled and precious collection of diamond and emerald-cutting jewelry. Its exquisite jewelry pieces are an asset that the city is proud of.
Origin of Jaipur Jewellery
Jaipur is a city that boasts about its heritage and culture. The artistic Jewellery of Jaipur displays vibrancy and tradition. Almost three centuries ago, Sawai Jai Singh introduced the gem industry in the city with just a handful of artisans. The sector groomed and flourished by that time, and today Jaipur glitters with fascinating and fine jewelry. The gems and stones of Jaipur are famous all over the world.
Famous Jaipur Jewellery
Jaipur brings you various eye-catching creations, including Silver, Thewa, Kundan, Lac, Meenakari, Jadau, and all other kinds of handwork jewels. Both contemporary and traditional jewels of Jaipur cater to the vast demand for jewelry in national and international markets. The artisans of Jaipur craft the jewelry with so much sophistication and beauty that each piece turns out to be a masterpiece and a unique creation in itself. These jewelry pieces have aesthetic significance with symbolic values.
Types of Jewellery popular in Jaipur
- Silver: This is the fascinating jewelry item of Jaipur. Earlier in the villages of Rajasthan, men and women were adorned in exquisite folk jewelry, including bracelets, rings, earrings, nose rings, toe rings, ankle bracelets, and pendants. A variety of designs by amalgamating traditional and contemporary styles are available. Designer jewelry is trendy and appreciated by tourists worldwide as it best suits Rajasthani clothes.
- Gemstones: When it comes to color gemstones, precious & semi-precious stones, and handcrafted silver jewelry, all International buyers prefer Jaipur. Jaipur has emerged as one of the leading centers in the segment of the colored rock of the gems and jewelry sector. It also happens to be one of the worlds largest centers for gemstone cutting and polishing. The industry here is over 300 years old.
- Lac: The lac bangles of Rajasthan are trendy. Jaipur, Bundi, and Karauli in Rajasthan are great producers of Lac bangles. A paint is coated on the surface of these bangles along with a gold leaf. Jaipur Lac Bangles are famous all over for their eye-catching designs.
- Thewa: It is one of the unique Jaipur handicrafts. The enameling of gold is done on the glass. Since gold is yellow, many other color foils are placed beneath the glass to produce the required contrast. These are rare, and there is a great demand for these products.
- Gold: India is the largest consumer of gold jewelry and ornaments in the world. Jaipur plays a significant role amongst the providers. Jewelers from there offer some of the best traditional and modern designs in gold jewelry.
- Meenakari: The art was introduced to Jaipur by the Mughals. Meenakari Jewellery is a specialty of Jaipur. It is an art of fusing or enameling metal. These get ready by fusing the colored lacquers. These lacquers come in several colors.
- Kundan Jadau: This is the art of encrusting gems and stones in gold and silver. You can notice Kundan embossing on them; hence the name is Kundan jadau. Kundan is a semi-opaque crystal that got its inspiration from Mughals. Jaipur Kundan jewelry is also one of the oldest forms of jewelry that people of India still make and wear. Jewelry has two equally beautiful surfaces meenakari at the back surface and kundankari on the front cover.
- Diamond: People are very much attracted to Jaipur diamond and colored stone. As the natural diamond is costly, the diamond replica is becoming the alternate of it. It is precisely the same as genuine diamond jewelry, but the slight difference is that it is a replica.
Jaipur: One-stop shop for Jewellery
The history of India proves that Rajasthan once used to be the center for different cultures like Mughals, British, Muslims, and many others. They all left their essence in the lifestyle of the Rajasthani people, and being the capital, Jaipur was the most affected place.
- Detailing: The hand-prepared jewels of Jaipur are so famous and appreciated. These chunks call for detailed personal attention and in-depth creativity, which brings perfection to these exquisite jewels.
- Affordability: Another reason is that one can get fine Jaipur jewelry at wholesale prices. The affordability of these jewelry pieces is that artisans themselves manufacture most Jewellery in Jaipur.
- Wide Range: You can find many varieties in every kind of jewelry at the best jewelry shops in Jaipur. Jaipur is famous for precious and semi-precious stones like Lapis Lazuli, Garnets, Emeralds, Rubies, Agate Amethysts, Topaz, etc. The jewelers in Jaipur deal in all of them. The jewelers in Jaipur also deal in Indian gemstones.
- Uniqueness: The Jaipur jewelry designs are one of a kind and unique in themselves. The originality behind the style of the designer jewelry in Jaipur is that it is specially handcrafted. You can also get Kundan jewelry, which is exclusive to the jewelers of Jaipur. Kundan jewelry is a renowned art that we can see in Indian jewelry, which usually comes from this city.
Importance of Jaipur Jewellery for Bride and Groom
Ethnic jewelry has the potential to lend an unmatched grace and charm to a wedding look. The traditional jewelry designs, mainly Jaipur Kundan jewelry, are fast gaining recognition and popularity among jewelry designers and fashionistas around the globe. Worn primarily by the Rajputs, Kundan sets are the most sought-after jewelry designs in Indian jewelry.
- Bridal Jewellery: Bridal Jewellery in Jaipur is handcrafted delicately using only the finest materials: beautiful gemstones and pearls and stunning Kundan or diamonds. Wearing the jewelry created with Garnet, jade, amethyst, pearl, and other precious stones showcase a picture-perfect epitome of beauty meeting class.
- Groom Jewellery: You will find exclusively in Jaipur, like intricately crafted gem-studded cuffs, walking sticks with encrusted handles, sherwani buttons are exquisite pieces available for the bridegroom. While Chokers, Jhumkas, Bangles, Ivory Chudas, Judamani (Hairclip), Mangalsutra, Bajuband (Armlet), Tagdi (Waist-Belt), and Bodla (ornament to decorate forehead) are most common in the wedding jewelry Jaipur collection.
The Jaipur jewelry designs possess traditional style and are also available to you in the designs that are hot right now in the international market. So, for your next purchase, be a part of the magnificence that Jaipur India jewelry offers. Head to Jaipur if you want any Jewellery. Jaipur is the city where you will get designs that last forever.